Table of Contents
A study of the role of content courses in the development of reading, comprehension, vocabulary, and thinking skills. Emphasis is placed on comprehension, retention and vocabulary development skills needed by language learners across the content areas. The course includes a survey of appropriate teaching aids suitable for all learners, including critical evaluation, media literacy, and addressing underlying issues such as bias, power and culture.
Leslie Hardinge Library Catalog
Education Online Databases
- Academic Search Complete - comprehensive scholarly and multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals, abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and more than13,200 publications
- JSTOR Journal Archives - complete digitized back runs of core scholarly journal, starting with the very first issues, some dating back as the 1600.
- Proquest Thesis & Dissertations - single, central, authoritative resource for information about doctoral dissertations and master's theses.
- Directory of Open Access Journals - provides access to over 6,000 open access journals and full-text access to most of them. This database includes 76 journals in religion, 189 journals in business and management and 158 journals in public health.
- Google Scholar - provides search across many disciplines and sources: articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions, from academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities and other web sites.
- Index to Christ in the Classroom - compilation of articles on Faith and Learning in the Classroom by SDA educators from around the world.
Tel: 46 414408
How to Use Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC)
- How to Search the Online Catalog
- How to Renew Books Online
- How to Place Hold Online
- How to Find Academic Reserves
- How to Create and Save List
How to Access Ebooks
How to Use Online Databases